Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Battlefield 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Battlefield 3

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

Battlefield 3 Empty
PostSubject: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:52 pm

I've been playing the beta and there a s*** load of bugs but overall, it's pretty interesting. It's not the same run and gun like COD, Halo and even Gears. This is much more tactical. Positioning is key and you'll own those that don't understand. My one major gripe (outside the bugs of course) is the large maps. The beta showed only one map and it's a "small" map compared to the rest. It's size is comparable to the largest maps of other FPS's. That's something I absolutely dislike. I hate big maps. Why search for opponents? I'm a fan of instant action and carnage lol But I'll probably get it cause my friends are getting it (go figure, the biggest Mincey flaw haha)

Have any of you tried it yet? What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
SPYHARD

SPYHARD

PSN : xTWK_SPYHARD

Battlefield 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:14 pm

I've played it, didn't really like it too much. Like you said the maps are big and that causes a lot problems. Not just searching for opponents but you can't move around as much, and it makes me feel kind of trapped. I noticed there's 2 kinds of players in Battlefield, the guy moving and the guy behind cover killing him lol. In Gears, if you camp you die. You have to stay in motion to survive. In Call of Duty, you camp, you get stunned. But of course to stun him, you have to know where the camper is. Check your corners when you walk through a door and make sure to stay out of the line of sight of windows. On Battlefield, there's a LOT of viewpoints, corners, and cover spots. That was a problem for me as I got killed by campers a bit more. And the squad spawn makes it kind of hard to enjoy for me. Like you said the game is about map control. Now I'm used to Call of Duty and Gears where you kill all opposing your position and take control of that spot on the map. There's something we call aggressive camping in CoD, where you move forward from cover spot to cover spot and push the enemy backward. Kind of like sweeping the whole map. In Battlefield, you kind of have to get map control like that but you can't move as quickly because of squad spawn. These are just a few things that makes the game kind of slow paced and of course, I'm not a patient person. And it's Battlefield, the finished game will have vehicles. Helicopters and tanks everywhere raping infantry until someone changes kit to take them out. I hate the feeling of getting killed by someone who I felt I can't kill. Almost like god mode lol. And this was probably the most bias post of all time.

I'll probably end up buying the game though just like I bought Bad Company 2. Btw my first post Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

Battlefield 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Yay on your first post lol and I see you only made one more haha

I bought the game and just opened the box...no manual? That's bad already. That alone shows how lazy they are and will drop the score when I do a final review.

Will play and write a review.
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PSN : Smooth-XLR

Battlefield 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:43 pm

LOL there's no manual? Neutral If I get any FPS it'll probably be MW3, I didn't really like the Beta for BF3, the fps were slow and I really didn't like the maps way too big for my taste. If the maps were a little smaller I'd probably like it more. I didn't get a chance to try the vehicles but I could live without them lol.
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

PSN : feiinweltall

Battlefield 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:37 pm

Battlefield is where its at when it comes to shooters from me. I guess its from shooting in real life.

I like the pace overall. In a real gunfight, movement without cover fire is suicide. The same is true in battlefield. Its not a run and gun by any means. It is much more methodical, which to me, makes it a much more interesting game. I'm glad the snipers have been toned down from previous installments, and I love the vehicle factor in the BF games. I just hate when you jump ship and end up with a bad drive / pilot... the worst -_-

Sneaking plays a big role. Sneaking is king. Sneaking and knowing your arsenal makes you unstoppable.

Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

Battlefield 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:38 pm

"I'll probably get it cause my friends are getting it"

Dark Souls... *cough*
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

Battlefield 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:17 pm

I effin love this game.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

Battlefield 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 5:46 am

Vice versa for me lol
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

Battlefield 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 2:09 pm

It's about time I made my review for this game (finished it like a week ago but haven't had the chance to write out anything).

First, to start off with, you all know how I feel about this game. I don't like it...at all. I regretted pre-ordering it and I regret actually purchasing it. And I totally regret trading in games for this one. I should have traded them in for a much better game.

When I played the beta, it was laggy and horrible. I was hoping that it wouldn't be the final build. It was. Nearly all the bad that was in the beta was brought over to the multiplayer of the release. Why? I don't know, but I do know that it was stupid on DICE to release it when it wasn't complete.

Gameplay: Another FPS (the market is literally littered with this genre). So it's tough to write on this section because a ton of games have the standard tried-and-true formula for how to do an FPS game. Let me delve into the story. I played it once on the hardest setting. Normally this will take hours on hours to complete because it was difficult. It took me like 4-5 hours to complete. That's complete BS. No game should be that short. Yes, I understand it's focused mainly on the multiplayer. But still! It should never be this short, even on the most difficult setting. I breezed through it easily and honestly, the story was horrendous. There was nothing in there that kept me from enjoying the story. I just felt like it was stringing me along from objective to objective without actually explaining anything. The cutscenes that were supposed to "explain" what was going on, just had me believe that the game was based off a single WMD. It wasn't fun and not creative.

Graphics: This is where Battlefield stands out. This is an absolutely stunning game. It's gorgeous. For 360 players, there was a 1 gb install for the hd graphics and it's worth to see the difference. It's beautiful and definitely the best thing about this game.

Sounds: Like the standard for today (especially war games like this), it's tough to get this aspect wrong. This one is no exception. All the gun sounds are spot on and the explosions are great. The music I didn't really bother with because it didn't have anything that stuck. It worked for the firefights and such but it was standard fanfare.

Replayability: They have their own Missions Mode where you can play with a buddy. It's like Spec Ops in COD. I haven't played it yet. As for the story, I will go for a few more achievements but it's not a game I will play again. It wasn't good.

Multiplayer/Online: This is what gets me the most. I don't like big maps. I HATE big maps. The fact you have to run for a good 2 minutes to GET to the field where everyone is pisses me off. You better hope that there is a vehicle waiting. And if you decide to spawn on a squad mate, if their in the middle of the action, you have NO spawn protection. You WILL die. It's stupid beyond belief. And because the maps are so big, the character models are extremely small and it's sometimes hard to notice them.
Unlike COD where it's a run and gun game, this is all about positional warfare. I do like that because it compliments the teamwork aspect. But people play it like COD a lot and having the best positions are lost. You better hope you are with friends joining a match.
Also, I may have wrote this on another post, but I'll do it again. It's completely retarded for a match when searching to say 20/24 players playing. When you try to enter, the next screen says it's full. WTF?!! Such a stupid lie!!! And if you are able to get into a match with your friends, there is a high chance you'll be placed in different squads. More BS!!!

Overall: 8.0

I'm surprised I gave it so high a score. I recognize people will like this game. I down right hate it. I bought it so I can play with some friends but it's not a game I will put in my xbox unless they are playing it.

This game sucks.
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PSN : Smooth-XLR

Battlefield 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 6:19 pm

8/10 but you say the game sucks? lol Nice review, I expect to see a MW3 review soon as well.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

Battlefield 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 6:53 pm

The reason I gave it a this high of a score cause even though it isn't for me, I know other people (Fei) do like it and how it plays out. Right now I'm going through MW3 (1/4 of the way through the campaign) and will then write one for it. I definitely have to say I love it much more than this game. But don't get me wrong. I still don't like the COD series lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battlefield 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3
Page 1 of 1