Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Wii Games Reviewed! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Wii Games Reviewed!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mrmajikbus45

mrmajikbus45

PSN : majikbus45

Wii Games Reviewed! Empty
PostSubject: Wii Games Reviewed!   Wii Games Reviewed! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Anybody here who owns a Wii, if you're questioning whether you should buy, rent, or download a Wii game, let me know! I will get it, test it, and spit out a very detailed review. I know the Wii isn't the super console that many of the hardcore gamers love, but it's a unique system that still has bright spots in its library and gameplay. I will write random reviews as I come along games as well. This process will take me a bit to catch up to current, so be patient.

If you have any specific games that you want reviewed that I haven't done up to that point, just post the game in the thread.

Cheers!
Majik
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Wii Games Reviewed!   Wii Games Reviewed! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:50 pm

This will be good to hear other people's perspectives on a game...though unfortunately there are like no Wii games I want...the Wii is dead to me basically Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
mrmajikbus45

mrmajikbus45

PostSubject: Re: Wii Games Reviewed!   Wii Games Reviewed! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:06 am

Smile Xenoblade Chronicles Smile

Since I have a modded Wii, and this game is only available either NTSC-J (Japan) or PAL (Europe), I figured I would import a copy from London. Paid extra for the shipping. This game has a Final Fantasy-esque feel to it, and it pulls it off beautifully. The utilization of a sweet battle system, great story, and easy to use mechanics make this game awesome in my eyes. Dude, this game blows my fucking mind. It is one of the best JRPGs I have played in years, and it also has an MMORPG feel to it in its design. I recommend anyone and everyone that owns a Wii pick up a digital copy, import, or buy the son of a bitch if it comes to the USA. It is quite possibly the greatest game developed on the Wii. This is from a story, graphics, and playability standpoint.

I score this game 9/10. The 1 point loss is reflected by the very minor glitches you'll run into very infrequently. Also, the annoying canned lines that are mentioned. Buy it bitches!
Back to top Go down
mrmajikbus45

mrmajikbus45

PostSubject: Re: Wii Games Reviewed!   Wii Games Reviewed! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 7:29 pm

Shocked Tatsunoko VS Capcom Shocked

This game is a decent fighter, it unfortunately lacks any real depth. There is a 2 button system to fight with, and it really is a mash fest. Strategy will get you places, and if you can get past Hadouken spam or Morrigan's fireball you're doing better than half the people I've fought online with it. Single player feels way too easy, and I got through it with minimal effort. The Super combos are damaging, and if you learn how to do the supers for 3 and 5 stocks they do hellacious damage. The display and such is beautiful, and a very clean interface.

Overall I give this game a 6/10, but it really had nothing that impressed me. As a more hardcore gamer, I prefer multiple levels of attack (ie: SF). It's a must own if you like fighters, and have a Wii though. Since they don't have many anyway...
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

PSN : feiinweltall

PostSubject: Re: Wii Games Reviewed!   Wii Games Reviewed! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:19 am

Fatal Frame
Back to top Go down
mrmajikbus45

mrmajikbus45

PostSubject: Re: Wii Games Reviewed!   Wii Games Reviewed! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Shocked Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen Shocked
(aka Fatal Frame 4)

This game currently is NTSC-J, so you will need a modded Wii. I also have the patch which renders in English. The PAL version will be out in November. There are NO plans to bring this to North America, so you will need to mod ur Wii if you plan on playing this (or learn to read Japanese). This game is well presented graphically for the Wii. It is a basic survival horror that is set in where 5 girls were kidnapped. 2 of them died, and the other 3 have come back to the island to check it out (at a later date of course). You use the Camera Obscura, and a flashlight to fight off the enemies. Your WiiMote and Nunchuck are what you use to control these items, and it seemed pretty smooth. If you're into survival horrors, this is up your alley. It's not mine. It's got plenty of parts that will make those who are scared easily jump, and can be kinda difficult occasionally to progress through the levels. Just watch for mist and filaments, and you'll be good to go there. Pros: Appearance, story, presentation, unpredictability. Cons: Unfinished. You can't complete the ghost list (maybe the PAL one will fix the bug), and the dolls can be hard to find. I give it a 6/10, but that's just cause the wife liked it enough that she threatened me with no sex if I gave it a 4. She's into survival horror games, and scary movies.

-Majik
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PSN : Smooth-XLR

PostSubject: Re: Wii Games Reviewed!   Wii Games Reviewed! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:00 pm

Lol nice review, hurts ur wife played the "no sex" card in the grade though Laughing
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

PostSubject: Re: Wii Games Reviewed!   Wii Games Reviewed! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:53 am

Mad salty about no NA release. Been mad salty for years on that, as I'm an avid FF follower...

FF don mean Final Fantasy to me
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PSN : Smooth-XLR

PostSubject: Re: Wii Games Reviewed!   Wii Games Reviewed! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 9:12 am

I've never played Fatal Frame but the concept of the game always interested me. I like the idea of using a camera to fend off ghost and what not.
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

PostSubject: Re: Wii Games Reviewed!   Wii Games Reviewed! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:05 pm

the first two are ballin. I remember actually being scared by a horror game from the first
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii Games Reviewed!   Wii Games Reviewed! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wii Games Reviewed!
Page 1 of 1